Mary Ann Meeker, DNS, RN
Assistant Dean, PhD Program; Associate Professor
School of Nursing
University at Buffalo
303 Wende Hall
Buffalo, NY 14214-3079
- DNS, State University of New York at Buffalo
- MS, University of Minnesota
- BS, State University of New York at Albany
- End of life decision-making
- Advance care planning
- Family decision-making
- Undergraduate clinical and introduction to nursing research
Meeker, M. A., & Waldrop, D. P. (2017). Changing focus: End of life care in managed long-term care. Journal of Applied Gerontology. Advance online publication. doi:10.1177/0733464817737620
Waldrop, D. P., Meeker, M. A., & Kutner, J. (2016). Is it the difference a day makes? Bereaved caregivers' perceptions of short hospice enrollment. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 52(2), 187-195. doi:10.1016/j.jpainsymman.2016.03.006
Butler, L. D., Linn, B. K., Meeker, M. A., McClain-Meeder, K., & Nochajski, T. (2015). We don’t complain about little things: Views of veterans and military family members on healthcare gaps and needs. Military Behavioral Health, 3(2), 116-124. doi:10.1080/21635781.2015.1009209
Linn, B., Butler, L., Bruce, S., McClain-Meeder, K., & Meeker, M. (2015). On working with veterans: What social work and nursing students need to know. Journal of Military & Veterans' Health, 23(3), 5-11.
Sullivan, S. S., Ferreira da Rosa Silva, C., & Meeker, M. A. (2015). Family meetings at end of life: A systematic review. Journal of Hospice & Palliative Nursing, 17(3), 196-205. doi:10.1097/NJH.0000000000000147
Waldrop, D. P., & Meeker, M. A. (2015). The developmental transition from living with to dying from cancer: Hospice decision making. Journal of Psychosocial Oncology, 33(5), 576-598. doi:10.1080/07347332.2015.1067282
Meeker, M.A. (2004). Family surrogate decision-making at the end of life: Seeing them through with care and respect. Qualitative Health Research, 14(2), 204-225.
Meeker, M. A. & Jezewski, M. A. (2004). A voice for the dying. Clinical Nursing Research, 13(4), 326-342.
Jezewski, M. A. & Meeker, M. A., & Schrader, M. (2003). Voices of oncology nurses: What is needed to assist patients with advance directives? Cancer Nursing, 26(2), 105-112.
Jezewski, M.A. & Meeker, M.A. (2002). Voices of oncology nurses: What is needed to assist patients with advance directives. Cancer Nursing.
Honors and Awards
- Excellence in Mentoring Award, University at Buffalo, School of Nursing, 2015
- Exceptional Scholars - Young Investigator Award, University at Buffalo, 2009
- Excellence in Research Award, University at Buffalo, School of Nursing, 2009
- Nova G. and Gustav Petsan Scholar, 1997-2000
- Ruth Elder Excellence in Research Award, 2002
- Individual National Service Research Award, National Institute for Nursing Research, Pre-doctoral Fellowship, F31 NR07569 (Family Surrogate Decision-making at the End of Life)