The Promoting Universal Longevity via School-family Ecologies (PULSE) Team's objective is the promotion of healthy weight and behavioral health among individuals who may be overweight, obese and/or at-risk for lifestyle-related disease.
Clinical studies of obese and bariatric surgery patients (adolescents & adults) via multi-disciplinary behavioral medicine:
- Developing dynamic and customizable, multi-component interventions based in self-determination theory
- Distance and telehealth technologies as tools to facilitate intervention implementation
- Understanding neurobiological underpinnings influencing long-term, post-operative weight change (and informing interventions with results)
- Utilizing a combination of big data/empirical evidence and clinical/community-based evidence to inform intervention packages (i.e., for lifelong weight maintenance)
- Using a strengths-based approach to promote lifelong mental and physical health in post-operative bariatric surgery patients